Photo of the Day: Tuvalu
Are you looking for breath-taking and seclusion?
One of the smallest and most remote nations in the world, this unspoiled corner of the Pacific offers a peaceful, and non-commercialized environment that is ideal for rest and relaxation.
The spectacular marine environment consisting of a vast expanse of ocean interspersed with atolls, magnificent lagoons, coral reefs and small islands all provide a unique South Seas ambiance.
In Tuvalu, you will discover a distinctive Polynesian culture of atoll island people who vigorously maintain their unique social organization, art, crafts, architecture, music, dance, and legends.
It seems to me a perfect place to get lost for a while and soak up all of Nature’s beauties?
Population: 12,373. A constitutional monarchy with Queen Elizabeth II as the head of state, Tuvalu was once known as the Ellice Islands. They are a Polynesian island nation located in the Pacific Ocean in between Hawaii and Australia. A very peaceful country with no military and no money spent on defenses. Tuvalu is officially the fourth smallest country in the world.
So you may ask yourself, what does one do or find in Tuvalu?
Here are a few of the things I have learned in my journey through life.
1) There are absolute joy and wonder to be had in the simplest of moments: swinging in a hammock on the beach while watching the sunset over the horizon.
2) The more we own, the more enslaved we become.
3) Fulfillment comes from memorable moments and loving relationships, not stuff.
4) A smile, a wave, and a friendly attitude can break down any barrier and create friendships where language cannot be understood.
5) Kindness is a universal language.
6) Don’t over plan. Jump in the boat and let the river take you for an amazing ride. You will get to the ocean eventually and it will be way more fun.
7) The Earth is a living organism more powerful than us. Look after her. She will remove us if we threaten her existence.
Thank you for reading – if you enjoyed this article please share with your friends. No matter where you’d like to kick back and hang your hammock, visit us at travelloafers.agentstudio.com Make your own travel plans, or we can certainly assist you as well.
Follow us at the links below for great travel deals and see you on the road!
Dianne & Mike